SmartFile has the ability to upload files either from the link page or a form on a webpage. This lets anyone send files to your account without creating a new user and explaining how to use SmartFile (even though that is really easy and takes little time).
This feature is great for anyone or any company that has an abundance of file submissions. Other file sharing providers let you do this to a certain extent but it’s always marked with their logos. This is something that you can easily do and have up and running in no time.
Here are two ways you can let people upload:
Option A) Upload from a link page created in SmartFile:
- Inside SmartFile, select the folder you want the files to be uploaded to and choose “Share” from the menu.
- In the Share dialog, click the “Advanced” button and select either “Upload Only” or “List, Download, & Upload” from the “Access” dropdown. Based on which one you choose the user will have different permissions. Once one of those two options are selected, click “Save”.
- Now the link is created and live! You can either choose to send the link through an email via SmartFile by filling out the info and clicking “Send” in the “Email” tab or copy the link (and paste it in your own email) and click “Close” to leave the dialog.
- When the link is opened there will be an “Upload Files” button displayed on the page. Simply click that button, browse to the files and select “Open”. After that the upload process will begin immediately. You will see the file in the list when it is done uploading.
Option B) Upload from an HTML form created by you:
- Build your HTML form. Name, Email, Notes, whatever you want will appear as an “Attribute” for that file within SmartFile and will be searchable.
- Login to SmartFile and repeat steps 1 and 2 from above (find the folder and create the upload link).
- Copy the link URL and hit “Close” (sending an email isn’t needed).
- In your HTML form, the action will need the link URL you just copied along with the page you want the user to be directed to after submitting the file. Here is an example form:
1234567<form action="https://file.ac/jMihTgD8qrc/?next=http://yourpage.com/thankyou.html" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">Name: <input type="text" name="customer_name"/></br>Email: <input type="text" name="customer_email"/></br>Customer ID: <input type="text" name="customer_id"/></br><input type="file" name="file"/></br><input type="submit" value="Submit"/></form>
*Note – Do NOT use ‘name’ as an input name…it will not work.
- That’s it! Put it anywhere on your site and let the files roll in. Remember that the fields in the form will be in the “Attributes” section for that particular file.
It’s that simple! Add notifications to the folders within SmartFile to help alert you or another SmartFile user that new files have been added. Uploading has never been easier.