His name is Ryan Johnston, and he’s our newly-hired Interactive Web Engineer. SmartFile’s happy to have him, and we can’t wait to see what he has up his sleeve in regards to enhancing SmartFile’s application. Ryan is responsible for developing and QA testing our application. A big job, but he’s got the skills to manage it.
As with our new Internet Marketing Manager, I asked Ryan some questions about his first few days here at SmartFile.
So, what are you the most excited about as a new member of the team, Ryan?
I’m excited about all the new possibilities before me. I’m excited about being at a company that is in the phase right between start-up and success. I’m excited about the emphasis on culture and quality in my interview.
What do you expect from your experience at SmartFile?
Well, several things. Including:
- Creating a culture that values the individual’s input.
- Engineering and building the most innovative infrastructure
- Using technology to enrich the lives of others
- A culture that values quality
- To get some exercise using the stairs to the fourth floor. Beats the heck out of my last two first-floor positions.
Alright, now for the fun part. Give me three fun facts, and we’ll call it a day.
- I once put a computer in a car. I wired it to the battery with an amp install kit and dc-to-dc power supply. I set up a touch screen on the dash. Nowadays, a smartphone can do all the things my “car-puter” could do.
- I met my wife 6 days before I married her and we have been married for 5 years. I think it’ll be fun when its 6 days and 6 years on our 6-year anniversary.
- I sign my name with the “t” as big as the “J” because people often don’t realize there is a “t” in it. This isn’t surprising because Johnson is way more common.
SmartFile is ecstatic to have Ryan in our crew, and with this added talent, there are only great things to come.