One of the greatest features of SmartFile is the ability to create virtual links to your files and folders. This gives you the power to share with anyone in the world through a simple URL. It’s so easy and there are so many features and benefits that you should know about. Here are a few:
- Branding – Retain your company’s brand and colors not only in the app but also in the link pages. When you send a file, the recipient will always know where it came from because your brand will be there!
- No Size Limits – Send big files or entire directories. Not matter what the file size; your recipients will have a place they can easily download from.
- Reusability – A link’s name and URL are always saved in the app so you have access to them at all times. Create a link once and just copy and paste after that.
- Access – It’s your choice if the link page can 1) list and download, 2) upload only, or 3) list, download and upload. Those three options let you determine how the recipients access your files.
- Usage Limits – Set a specific limit to the number of downloads for that link. If you only want the link to be downloaded once or 100 times, it’s your choice!
- Expiration Dates – Let a link expire by setting an expiration date. Links are set to never expire by default but sometimes you might want to limit the exposure by selecting a date for the link to expire.
- Directory Browsing – This option will let the recipients browse any subfolders that are included in the link. Sometimes you may want to give people access to multiple directories to either download or upload files.
- Delivery Options – Email or tweet a link directly inside the app. More options coming very soon, including Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Editing – If you ever need to go back and edit the limits, fix the expiration date, change the name, modify the access, or anything else you have that ability.
Our clients have continued to let us know they love the easy to use and dynamic options involved with creating links. We are always adding new features to our app and the links dialog in specific. We have big plans for even more features in the near future so stay tuned. Read more about SmartFile’s ability to create and send virtual links and other features that make us the best file sharing solution for businesses of all sizes.