If you are in the human resources field, you understand that there is a lot of paper you have to track on a daily basis. It can be difficult for you to keep track of all these documents, which is why it is important for you to explore the benefits of an advanced file-sharing solution. When you have to spend a lot of time doing clerical work, this is less time you can spend on the tasks that truly matter. That is why you should automate this process, helping you stay organized by using a file-sharing solution such as the one from SmartFile.
The Types of Documents HR Departments Have To Track
No matter what industry in which you work, there is a never-ending list of necessary documents you need to keep track of either for legal purposes or just for company best practices. Some of the most common examples of documents that HR departments have to track include:
- Applications for a wide variety of tasks, including those from potential employees and applications the company has filed with various organizations
- Workers’ compensation documents, including applications, active benefits, and insurance policies
- Resumes from current, past, and potential employees
- Performance reviews for employees and managers, likely going back several years
- Various recruiting information involving potential candidates, other companies, and upcoming events
- Benefits elections from employees and managers including health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, HSA accounts, FSA accounts, and retirement plans
- Payroll documents related to overtime, taxes, bonuses, withholding selections, and more
- I-9 documents
- Insurance information, including commercial vehicle policies, liability insurance, property insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and more
These are just a few of the many documents that human resources departments need to retain. Depending on your business and industry, there may be other policies you need to track as well. If any of the documents fall through the cracks, it could cause serious issues for the company. This is why it is important for human resources teams to make sure they have a comprehensive solution that can help them keep track of these documents. One option is file sharing, made easy from SmartFile.
What Are the Most Common Problems that HR Departments Face?
There are a number of problems that the human resources department can run into from time to time. By anticipating these problems ahead of time, it may be possible for human resources departments to alleviate a significant amount of stress. A few examples include:
Without a doubt, security is one of the most common problems that human resources departments face. Human resources teams handle a wide variety of complicated, confidential, and valuable information and documents on a regular basis. As a result, HR departments are also a common target of hackers.
It is important for human resources departments to do everything they can to protect these confidential documents. This means investing in an advanced file storage solution that can encrypt these documents. That way, documents are no longer vulnerable to cybercriminals. HR teams need to do everything they can to protect confidential information.
In addition, HR departments also have to think about compliance issues. A lot of the documents that HR departments handle are directly tied to government regulations. If they are not able to make sure they stay in compliance, they could open the company up to potential fines and sanctions.
For example, there are a lot of payroll compliance issues that human resources departments have to handle. If they do not report this payroll information properly, government regulators could levy fines. An advanced file storage solution, such as the one from SmartFile, can make it easier for HR departments to stay in compliance.
HR departments are responsible for recruiting the best talent. That is why they have to track a lot of important information related to the incoming data and information surrounding leads and potential candidates. If Human Resources departments are not organized, they will not respond to potential applicants quickly. This might mean they miss out on hiring the best people. HR departments have to eliminate waste and improve their organization if they want to address the best talent. This is another area where an advanced file storage solution can be helpful.
Employee Retention Issues
HR departments are commonly saddled with handling employee retention issues as well. Obviously, employees bring their concerns to the HR department. The HR department is responsible for handling and processing complaints reliably. If HR does not respond to these complaints appropriately, or if they do not respond to their concerns quickly, valuable employees could walk out the door. A comprehensive file storage solution can make employee retention easier as well.
Training is another significant concern among companies. Companies need to make sure they train their employees efficiently, so they can become productive employees faster. Furthermore, companies also need to make sure training programs are compliant with all regulations and directly related to the jobs of their employees.
Human resources departments can make training programs more efficient if they use an advanced file storage solution. This makes it easier to evaluate training programs from time to time, adjusting them as needed. This also makes it easier for HR departments to deploy training modules when employees need them.
Compensation and Benefits Issues
Finally, HR departments also commonly deal with compensation and benefits issues. When it is time for someone to get a raise, the HR department is responsible for processing this quickly. HR departments also need to process bonuses and overtime payments. Furthermore, they need to report all of this information via payroll software and documentation. This is important for company accounting purposes and government regulations.
HR is also responsible for processing benefits. If someone wants to change their health insurance selection, the HR department has to do this. If someone wants to tap into an HSA or an FSA, the HR department has to do that as well. It is easy to lose this paperwork in the shuffle without a comprehensive file storage solution.
These are just a few of the most common problems that HR departments have. SmartFile provides numerous benefits that can make these problems easier to manage.
What Are the Top Benefits of a File Sharing Solution Such as SmartFile?
If you are looking for a way to address all of these concerns, then you may want to use a comprehensive file-sharing solution such as SmartFile. There are numerous benefits you will enjoy, including:
- Automation: Your time is valuable, and you do not want to spend it doing clerical work. Now, you can automate a lot of the tasks that you currently do by hand, taking advantage of advanced programming capabilities from SmartFile. This means last time doing redundant paperwork and more time handling complicated issues.
- Save Space: Even though there might be situations where you need to have hard copies of certain documents, you probably do not need to have hard copies of all of them. You can save a significant amount of space by digitizing these documents, making them easier to organize. When you save space, you also save money.
- Reduce Inaccuracies: When you do everything by hand, you increase your chances of making a mistake. When mistakes happen in the HR department, they can ripple throughout the entire company. If you count on an advanced computer program to handle these documents for you, you can reduce inaccuracies, improving efficiency.
- Better Security: The documents you work with on a daily basis are vital. Therefore, you need to treat them as such. You can take advantage of better security measures if you leverage a comprehensive file storage and sharing solution.
- Better Compliance: You need to keep track of a lot of rules and regulations. Overlooking one of them can lead to significant sanctions. If you are looking for a way to guarantee you stay and are compliant, you need to use an innovative file-sharing solution. That way, you can make sure you stay in compliance with all regulations, reducing the risk to the company as a whole.
- Improved Customer Service: When you have an easier time keeping track of important documents, you keep your customers happy. When your customers are satisfied, they come back for future purchases. This makes it easier for you to grow your company.
- Improved Employee Satisfaction: Furthermore, you can keep your employees happy as well. You will have an easier time processing their documents, and you can handle their concerns faster. When your employees are satisfied with the HR department, they are more likely to stick around. This can reduce employee turnover, helping you reduce waste.
- Digital Access: With more people working from home than ever before, you need to create a way to access confidential documents digitally without sacrificing security. This is another area where a file-sharing solution, such as SmartFile, can help you. With a digital option, you have the option to work from anywhere.
- Access Control: Security is one of the biggest concerns of the human resources department. If you create digital, encrypted copies of confidential information, you can track the people who are accessing them. Then, you can create and alter user permissions, reducing the risk of the company by following all IT best practices.
Ultimately, the biggest benefit you will enjoy if you decide to go with a comprehensive file storage and sharing solution is that you can protect and expand your business.
Why Partner with SmartFile?
Clearly, there are a lot of benefits you will enjoy if you decide to go with a comprehensive file storage solution; however, why should you partner with SmartFile? A few key reasons include:
- You can instantly make your HR department more productive by taking advantage of advanced document management software.
- You will enjoy an immediate return on your investment because everyone will be able to do their jobs easily when the HR department becomes more efficient.
- You can manage and respond to the administrative needs of your managers, employees, and HR team more quickly.
- You can make your business more flexible and responsive in a competitive environment, keeping you one step ahead of the others in your industry.
If you want to get the most out of your document management system, give your HR team the tools it needs by going with SmartFile.